Our Guest: Scott Leese is a six-time Sales Leader and a two-time best-selling Amazon author in the category of sales. He maintains active communities like GTM United and is also focusing on helping companies build revenue-driving motions across the organization.
- Scott's view on shifting away from traditional VP career paths and expectations.
- What are the qualities to look for in someone who is a first-time VP of Sales?
- Scott’s advice for someone who is considering transitioning into an account executive (AE) role + Director/VP Sales level.
- The type of leaders or CEOs that Scott gets along with.
- Overall framework of the evolution of Sales from Go-To-Market to Go-To-Network.
- What type of seller performs best?
- Scott on the sales productivity of Go-To-Network approach versus cold outbound strategy.
- Scott's take on Sapphire Non-AE GTM Bloat - 90% of GTM spend is non-AE, down from 70% in 2018.
- Strategies or approaches that are currently successful in the broader environment.
- Scott elaborates his Linkedin post on self-inflicted errors: “Most deals die from predictable self-inflicted errors. Avoidable problems turn into cyclical failures caused by a lack of focus on reverse engineering root causes.”
About Cloud Radio by Cloud Ratings:
Made for "full stack" cloud + SaaS operators, Cloud Radio is a SaaS podcast covers all aspects of the business of software.
Our host - Matt Harney - is active on Twitter @saasletter and writes "SaaSletter", an investing-oriented SaaS newsletter on Substack.
About Cloud Ratings:
Cloud Ratings is a customer outcomes-focused, data-driven software research analyst firm. We exist to allow organizations to make more confident, lower-risk software purchasing decisions.
Our Cloud Ratings Category Reports combine user reviews with verified vendor data to impartially identify leading software products. Recent report examples include: Board Management Software, Account-Based Marketing Software, Cap Table + Equity Management Software, Lead Routing Software, and Sales Training + Onboarding Software.
Built upon investigative customer interviews, our True ROI Reports quantify and provide 3rd party validation of a software product’s business value.