Our Guest: Ben Schaechter is the Co-founder & CEO of Vantage, a cloud cost optimization platform for AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, Datadog, Snowflake, Databricks, Fastly, and more.
- The current maturity level of the Cloud Cost Optimization cycle.
- The dollar threshold of cloud spending at which organizations should consider pursuing cloud optimization services
- Understanding how Vantage facilitates the process of cloud optimization.
- Ben's view on the hyperscaler cloud service providers' included cost management tools + looking at all elements contributing to cloud usage-based cost.
- Ben's take on the Morgan Stanley thesis that cloud cost optimization leads to greater spending / more workloads long-term.
- Do all optimization efforts lead to greater lock-in with the cloud provider?
- Commitment mechanisms + taking advantage of Enterprise Discount Program (EDP).
- The timeframe for yielding positive results after implementing cloud optimizations.?
- Ben’s commentary on trends outside the hyperscalers, including Snowflake, Databricks, and Datadog.
About Cloud Radio by Cloud Ratings:
Made for "full stack" cloud + SaaS operators, Cloud Radio is a SaaS podcast covers all aspects of the business of software.
Our host - Matt Harney - is active on Twitter @saasletter and writes "SaaSletter", an investing-oriented SaaS newsletter on Substack.
About Cloud Ratings:
Cloud Ratings is a customer outcomes-focused, data-driven software research analyst firm. We exist to allow organizations to make more confident, lower-risk software purchasing decisions.
Our Cloud Ratings Category Reports combine user reviews with verified vendor data to impartially identify leading software products. Recent report examples include: Lead Routing Software, Sales Training + Onboarding Software, Sales Conversation Intelligence Software, and Partner Relationship Management (PRM) Software
Built upon investigative customer interviews, our True ROI Reports quantify and provide 3rd party validation of a software product’s business value.