Our Guest: Ashley Acosta, Founder and CEO of Maca. Previously, Ashley was the VP of Revenue at Pipe, on the founding team at Brex, and a Mentor at First Round Capital. Now, she's pioneering the first operating system for value-based pricing through Maca, empowering growing companies to achieve greater revenue efficiency through AI-driven data insights.
- How much potential revenue are companies losing by not optimizing their pricing strategies?
- Maca’s methods of sourcing data + understanding their insights engine.
- Ashley's insight on the growing complexity of revenue management in growing companies and hidden revenue channels.
- Twitter Question #1: What are the top key results in metrics to determine pricing effectiveness?
- Twitter Question #2: How do you think about testing pricing and gathering learnings for long sales cycle products?
- Ashley expounds on her Tweet: “Test pricing using your sales levers, not by changing your list price. This will promote learnings about internal levers faster and you'll be less likely to upset your customers by changing pricing on your website, requiring less internal uplift to change pricing.”
- How to determine pricing decisions + levers for software products by understanding overall ROI at the feature level
- Benefits of Maca's data-driven model over the traditional pricing consultant model (i.e. engaging Simon Kucher).
- The scale and type of software companies that Maca works with.
About Cloud Radio by Cloud Ratings:
Made for "full stack" cloud + SaaS operators, Cloud Radio is a SaaS podcast covers all aspects of the business of software.
Our host - Matt Harney - is active on Twitter @saasletter and writes "SaaSletter", an investing-oriented SaaS newsletter on Substack.
About Cloud Ratings:
Cloud Ratings is a customer outcomes-focused, data-driven software research analyst firm. We exist to allow organizations to make more confident, lower-risk software purchasing decisions.
Our Cloud Ratings Category Reports combine user reviews with verified vendor data to impartially identify leading software products. Recent report examples include: Board Management Software, Account-Based Marketing Software, Cap Table + Equity Management Software, Lead Routing Software, and Sales Training + Onboarding Software.
Built upon investigative customer interviews, our True ROI Reports quantify and provide 3rd party validation of a software product’s business value.